Saturday 12 January 2013

Tarantino Refuses To Talk About Movie Violence: ''I'm Not Your Slave''



Quentin Tarantino has refused to answer questions regarding movie violence in a Channel 4 Interview while promoting his new film Django Unchained. In an arrogant move, the Pulp Fiction director snubbed the question asked to him by interviewer Krishnan Guru-Murphy, telling him ''Don't ask me a question like that. I'm not biting. I refuse your question.''

Guru-Murphy enquired further but Tarantino continued to dodge the reporter, stating:  ''I'm not your slave and you're not my master. You can't make me dance to your tune. I'm not a monkey.”

Tarantino is obviously a a central figure regarding the topic of violence in film, with past movies such as Resevoir Dogs, Inglorious Bastards and Kill Bill featuring particularly gory scenes. But Tarantino says that he has already spoken enough on the matter. “The reason I don’t want to talk about it is because I’ve said everything I have to say about it. If anyone cares what I have to say about it they can Google me. And they can look for 20 years what I have to say about it. I haven’t changed my opinion one iota.”

Guru-Murphy was perplexed by Tarantino's attitude, telling The Telegraph “I would have thought if you invite somebody to interview you it is better to try to answer the questions rather than not. No interviewee has ever said ‘I'm not your slave...I'm not a monkey’ to me before.”

Django Unchained is set for release in Irish and UK screens on 18 January and was recently nominated for Best Picture at the Academy Awards 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment